Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What Pump-Up Songs Does Your Team Like?

I made a stop at Center Court on Saturday-Jan 28 to watch the Penguins hosted 11’s & 12’s League and the Penguin Freeze II tournament for 14’s and 15’s. During my time walking around, I thought a good idea might be to ask teams what their favorite pre-match “Pump up Song or Cheer” was. I quickly found out—as if I didn’t already know; there were as many pre-match Cheer/Songs as there were teams there. Here is just a sampling.

Midwest Penguins 15-2 favorite song: “Push It To The Limit” from the movie Jump In.
Penguins 15-2
Ozaukee Wave 12-1 favorite cheer: “1-2-3-4 Everybody Hit the Floor” (done with mega enthusiasm-especially by Riley #9 & Erika #5).
Ericka (#5)

Riley (#9)

Ted Schulte (referee)-Yes, refs need pump up songs too: “New Divide” by Lincoln Park Indiana. Ted showed us a few of his moves as we listened to this awesome song.
Ted reffing (not dancing, however)

Eclipse 12 Solar favorite cheer: “Pump it Up” (there was no team louder in the gym).
Eclipse 12 Solar
Milwaukee Sting 10 Gold favorite songs (different songs for different games): “Black & Yellow”, “I Like to Move it, Move it”, I’m a Gummy Bear” and Coach Kate adds; “PB & Jelly Time”.
Sting 10 Gold

I also enjoyed watching the Penguin 12-1 team celebrating an ACE!

- Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment