Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Last Match Of The Weekend

My Last Match of the Weekend at the Dells

....had to wait around a little before my previous match...........those dreaded tiebreakers!  Packers are playing. I really don't want to miss them (little did I know). Now coming to the last match. Everybody's tired. This is not going to be pretty. But I've got a work team and even though they lost their last match, they look like a good group. Okay, we'll see what happens.

Coin flip goes well, didn't drop the quarter. Both teams want their full warm-ups....hmmmm... maybe we're going to have a good one. Lineups are in, teams line up for the greeting, everybody's waving, handshake goes well, let's get 'em going.

The play is very competitive.....wait.........I heard a whistle  It was my R2 making a center line call and I actually heard her whistle. This is great! Let's keep going. A couple more points, good rallies. Here comes a sub, okay, player's in and .........hold on.........I'm getting a ready signal from my scorekeeper.......this is nice!  ...set is coming to an end....it's over. Hope the rest of the match goes as well.

Second set starts well, more good rallies. The coaches are coachin' up a storm....oh no....a girl goes down......official's time-out......what's that?.......she can't continue and you've used all your subs?.....good thing you can make an exceptional substitution. Let's teach the work crew how to put this on the scoresheet. Done. Coach looks very grateful. Play continues.......getting near the end..........that's it. End of match in two sets. I don't think I would have minded if it went three.

My last match of the weekend......my best match of the weekend.

Thanks to Southwest G15-1, PoWer VHawk 17 white, and Eclipse 17/18 Solar. You made my drive home a pleasant trip.

An anonymous official

No comments:

Post a Comment